Reboot DirecTV Receivers or DVRs
Reboot Current Generation DirecTV Receivers and DVRs
Many problems can be corrected by performing a simple reset of the DirecTV Receiver or DVR. If you experience frozen audio or video, blank screen, on-screen error code 771, “Searching for Satellite Signal,” pixelated video, or the receiver won’t respond to the front panel or remote control, you should reset the receiver.
All Current Generation DirecTV receivers with an “H” model number.
DirecTV receivers may require a reboot approximately every 9-12 months, but may require more frequent reboots as software upgrades are performed automatically by DirecTV. Contact Cantara Support if two or more reboot procedures do not resolve the issue.
There are two ways to reboot the receiver:
If you are able to access the front of the DirecTV receiver that is having the problem, press the red RESET button behind the access card panel door on the front of the DirecTV receiver, then wait a few minutes for the program guide information to be acquired and for the unit to completely come back online.
If you are not able to physically reset the receiver from the front panel of the unit, a reboot may be initiated from the onscreen menu using your Cantara User Interface (touch panel or hand held remote)
- Press “Menu”
- Scroll down to “Settings and Help” then press Select.
- Scroll to the right group of icons, and select “Settings”
- Scroll down to “Reset” and select.
- A “Dash” button press will be required to confirm the reset procedure. The “- Dash” command is found on the “More” page of your Cantara touch screen, or on page 4 of your Cantara Hand Held remote (press the large blue down arrow directly below the touch screen to access the other pages).
- After you have entered the “- Dash” command, the receiver may appear to do nothing for 15 seconds, however, the unit will restart shortly.
- Wait a few minutes for the receiver to completely restart.
Verify that functionality has returned.
If not, contact Cantara Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-335-5104 if you are a Cantara Client for further help.
Online owners manual: http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DIRECTV_HDDVR_HR34.pdf
Tags: DirecTV, reboot, frozen, reset, locked up